Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You



I first became obsessed with The Twelves I heard those very words. While The Twelves deserve absolutely no credit for The Black Lips' brilliant lyrics, they do deserve a nice heap for making that song as danceable as fuck -- an inspiration for every one to learn some moves to not teach their dance partners boyfriends. This is what The Twelves do best, they take great songs -- rock, folk, electro -- and reinvent them with a funky Brazilian disco twist that I can't resist.  And I dont know if Brazilian disco is a real thing, but dudes are from Rio

I really don't know why it's taken me so long to talk about my favorite DJ duo. They've fallen a little from the absolute pedestal of love I had for them after a dissappointing show at Santos this past summer but I'm willing to give them another chance at my heart on February 11th, when they take over the Hudson Hotel's dungeons at Good Units. Cop yo tix here.




Let's hope 2011 shines kindly on us all and gives us some new Twelves track killas 

No comments:

Post a Comment