Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Julia


Muses come by all forms, shapes, sizes, and names. But in the world of music and muses, not all names are created equal. Petunia just does not sound as sweet as say Melissa. Or for that matter Julia. 

Whenever I hear a song that's named after a girl, I wonder about the story of the actual girl. Who is Julia, or Jessica, or Sylvia, or Layla? "Layla" was actually Pattie Boyd, but hearing Clapton wail about Pattie, just wouldnt sound as good, would it?

I don't know too many Julias, but the name evokes some dark, mysterious artist type...

Aight, fuck it. I just like some songs that are called Julia, and I enjoy the mystery of the muse behind the name.

The Beatles - Julia

and

Julia - Cocaine (The Knocks Remix)

(Photo is Julia Perez)

No comments:

Post a Comment